Monday, 7 July 2014

Masquerade

Hello beauties!

Welcome back to the Couch!

If you were in South Africa, I hope you were warm. With snow falling in places that are pretty unused to snow, it was a cold one! We here in Jozi arrived to the party late, with the cold only starting to settle last night. It promises to be a freezing week!

If you were in the USA, I hope you had an awesome Independence Day and enjoyed the accompanying festivities. I've seen some pretty epic firework photos, which just about sent my envy-ometer through the roof. (Which is bad, considering how cold this week promises to be :P)

Last week, I had the privilege of shooting some cool shots with my mom's assistant, Chantel. We didn't really have a theme to this shoot, just a pair of amazing falsies and a mask. I was lucky enough to be able to take the photos at a school, but don't think for a moment we ended up in classrooms! There were some cool gardens and I made use of the stairwells and school hall. I wanted to try my hand at something different, play with light, depth of field and different textures.

Please keep in mind that I'm not a professional photographer; I'm really just a girl with a camera.
















I've always loved lens flare in a photo, because I've always felt that it added something almost ethereal to the look of the photos. I was really happy to be able to capture some lens flares in some of my shots too! I've been practising to get them, and they just worked out really well in this instance. Have a look :




























Since shooting this, I've looked at a lot of fantasy / glamour photography, and I'm just brimming with ideas! I can't wait to try some of it out and show you!

On an unrelated note, have a look at my new FAQ page! Please let me know what you think, and feel free to ask me more questions.

Have a fantastic week friends!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

2 comments: