Friday, 29 August 2014

August favourites

Hello beauties!

Welcome back to another monthly favourite post. It's been a wild one, August, and I personally can't wait to see its backside. :P Anyway. All of the images can be found on my Pinterest (follow me, I have cool stuff on there!!), except if stated otherwise. Which means that none of the images belong to me, except if stated otherwise. :) Let's get to it.

There aren't so many images this month, because I was sick for most of it, which means very little browsing. Sorry. I'll strive to do better next month!! :D

My favourite song was a tough one. I really love Sia's Chandelier, but ultimately, this song is the one that stuck in my head the most. I cannot stop singing Magic's Rude! It's such a catchy tune and I love the reggae vibe to it. Have a listen.



Another really cool video I found this month, is this one, showing really cool ways to wear a scarf. I love my scarves, so this is super helpful!! This must be my favourite accessory related find of the month.



My favourite quote of the month is this one, from everyone's favourite hunny-eating bear. And it's so true too. Blessed beyond belief!


As far as art goes, I have three incredible picks. The first one is my manga favourite. The perspective is incredible and everything else is awesome too. It's called 'Haruka from Free because he's worth it' and it's by kaoleanite on DA.


Then I've got this in my art favourites. This is flaming BRILLIANT my friends!  I MEAN HONESTLY AMAZING! It's called 'Gandalf' (shock and surprise), and is a digital artwork by Olga Tereshenko.


The last favourite is Kobietawczerwonejsukiencezpsemnaramieniuuus by 14U on DA. The expression is just amazing. This is oil on canvas.


The following three are my beauty favourites for the month. The first one represents hair (but how dope is that makeup?!), the second nails and the third makeup. Beautiful!!




This is my favourite photograph (I didn't take). It's by Lynne on Flickr.


Steampunk fabulousness!! She looks like an Inca warrior meets steampunk. Super cool!


My favourite show of the month is The Quest. I mean, fantasy worlds and real people? Count me in. I love Shondo and Bonny. I think they've been living themselves into the whole world the most, which makes them most entertaining to watch. And Shondo's facial expressions are classic!


The following are all favourites I photographed, so these images belong to me. :)

My favourite photo moments of Kayla are these. In the first, she was eating banana for the first time. That's the satisfied face she made, which just melts my heart. In the second, she was exploring outside and smiled for her daddy. BEAUTIFUL!!



I've been trying pretty hard to improve my photography, which causes me to take photos of a really diverse range of things. Flowers have always been Jan's forte, but I'm pretty pleased with this one. I took this pic on a sunny (yet pretty windy) afternoon of a flower in our garden.


The Catrice concealer I blogged about this week is my favourite product of the month.

I haven't been using it for that long, but the consistency is smooth and creamy, it covers imperfections like the paparazzi covers award shows, and it's surprisingly long lasting. For a drugstore product, I find it compares well to higher end brands.

Colour me impressed!


My favourite book of the month (and here I'm going to shamelessly pimp my own work) is this one :


It's 100% free and my beautiful cousin is on the cover. Who wouldn't want one? Get your hands on a copy here. I read only one book this month and I was so disappointed that I don't even want to mention it here. I hate it when a series goes awry, especially after twelve books! And now there's another one coming out end August! I'm not even sure if I want to read Severed Souls after Omen Machine. Oops. Did I say that out loud?

And that's it for this month, folks.

I've got a pretty busy weekend ahead of me. Hopefully this will be the last busy one in a while! Have a good one, rest, and if you're in South Africa, stay warm. I hear it's going to be good and cold!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment