Friday, 1 August 2014

July Favourites

Hello Beauties!

Welcome to August!

Because I missed my monthly favourites last week, I'm going to share them with you today. As always, these images can all be found on my Pinterest boards, and don't belong to me (unless stated otherwise). Let's get right to it.

Song of the month is Photograph by Ed Sheeran. I just love him. :)



My favourite artwork this month is one by Namecchan on DeviantArt, titled Sitting Benedict. I love the pose, the lighting and the play of colour in this one. I think it's brilliant.


My favourite anime / manga art is this one; SV - hoshino - arashi, by silvi-silvi on DA. Those EYES, friends, the eyes!!! I adore this one.



The lighting in this photograph is simply amazing. This is my favourite photo of the month and is by SmallFly on DA.

My favourite place this one is Venice, Italy. I've been there and I loved it, but for some reason during this month (especially in the last two weeks or so), my heart has been longing to go back. Read more about my visit to Venice here and here.


This is the craft idea I loved the most this month. I'll be trying this one out soon!!


These are my beauty favourites of the month :



I love this steampunk hand-claw. I really want to try and make something like this!!


My personal favourite photographs of the month are these two. I took the first one while Kayla was playing in her inflatable ball pit, and the sun just hit the edge at the perfect angle. The second one was one morning just after breakfast when she made a series of funny faces for the camera. I just love my little funny girl!



My favourite TV series of the month is Enlisted. Hilarious!! (and soft on the eyes too :D )


And then my favourite book of the month. Yes, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was very nearly Divergent by Veronica Roth, but the rest of the series kind of blew it for me. I was asked to do a review on TFIOS, so I'll try to do that next week. :) If you want to read my thoughts on the Divergent Trilogy as well, lemme know and I'll share it with you. I'm currently reading The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind. It's really good to be reading about Richard and Kahlan again!!!!

Thank you all for bearing with my shorter posts this week. We attended a funeral on Monday, and I've been helping out on and off with my grandmother since Tuesday. Pair that with keeping the laundry washed and the house clean, along with Kayla's teething and refusal to sleep, it's been a wild one. I'm pretty tired and I haven't written a single word for novel #3 since the week before last.

This phenomenon should continue next week as well (if I don't get my behind in front of the pc somewhere over the weekend and blog ahead...), because I'll still be helping out with gran and Kayla will probably still be teething (though we can hope and pray those little buggers teeth come out). Thank you for all of your good wishes and prayers for my grandmother's health. She's doing really great. :)

Have a fabulous weekend, folks!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment