Thursday, 21 August 2014

Metal Sculpture by Jean-Pierre Augier

Hello beauties!

MY NOVELS ARE ON THE NOOK STORE! Woohoo! You can now find me on Barnes & Noble, so please head on over and take a look. (links in the FAQ section) Be sure to check out the Roxanne novella, it's completely free, forever. And please show some love and like all of my novels when and where you come across them. :)

We're looking at some pretty cool sculptures by French artist Jean-Pierre Augier today. He sculpts in all kinds of metal, from nuts and bolts, drill bits and old spanners, to anything you can think of. In some of the works, he's even incorporated shells. It's really amazing in its simplicity, which makes it all the more striking. Check out his website here (it's in French, so have a translator ready).

Have a look at this!



























I absolutely love this last mermaid! So friggen cool!! But as I said at the beginnig of the post, what I find makes the art all the more striking is the absolute simplicity of it. It's almost innocent in a way, and I really enjoy looking at the pieces. It's kind of endearing, if you know what I mean. Beautiful!

See you tomorrow for my weekly favourites.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment