Monday, 8 September 2014

My Anniversary Weekend in Pictures

Hello beauties!

Kayla's ten months old today! O_O Scary...

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! I'm about to share some of the pictures from mine with you, so get ready. :)

Unfortunately, I had some drama on Friday and due to the unforeseen crises, I didn't take too many pics and the few I took are completely out of focus. We're all OK, so there is no need to worry! I can tell you this. We watched The Quest (this is becoming my go to Friday night behavior...) and we were sad to see Adria go. After that, I test drove my brand new Sims 4 game, which came in the mail in the afternoon!


Early on Saturday Morning, I had my friend Simonne over to do her makeup. She wanted a really lashy, eye-poping look in nudes and black, and this is what we came up with.



After that, Jan, Kayla and I headed to the shops. First we went bed hunting. I tell you, it's still one of the weirdest things to lay down on a bed, shoes and all, in a store. I do not like. :) After that, we went to Clearwater Mall, where we did some shopping and then had a celebratory lunch (see how babies change dinners to lunches?) for our 6 year anniversary.




We had dinner with the in-laws, but didn't spend too much time there after, because Kayla was in a pretty lousy mood due to the teething. I really feel so sorry for her and it breaks my heart that she's in so much pain! We hope her pearly whites come out soon. She's got three now, all in the lower gum. The top teeth are super illusive...

We had awesome weather on Sunday. After lunch with my parents and Kayla's nap, we spent some time out in the sun.






Kayla still wasn't feeling 100% better (in fact, I think she was a little worse and she had a really irritated and runny eye too. :( Sucks being so little!!), but she still did some exploring. This was her first encounter with the garden hose.







Jan managed to get a smile out of her when he held her up in the air, though. She loves her daddy so much!!


I experimented with one of our other camera lenses. I really love this one, because it can take the most amazing detail shots. This is the 100ml macro lens from Canon. I'm really proud of these shots! (please don't use my photos without my permission!)








The rest of my Sunday was spent with an awesome youtube channel I've just discovered. I binge watched like mad, because I enjoyed it so much!! The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is a modern day take on Pride and Prejudice and it's fabulous. I laughed way too hard, way too many times. Check it out. It's good.



That's all I have for today!

I forgot to tell you all that I'm going on a mini vacation from the 20th to the 26th. I don't know what exactly my blogging arrangements will be, because I'm not sure if we'll have wifi signal, but I'll try to upload something in that week. Maybe I'll blog ahead for the week and just upload as I get wifi? If possible, I'll try to share some of my holiday photos with you. But I'll keep you updated!

Have a fabulous week, folks!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment