Monday, 20 October 2014

My Weekend in Pictures : Lots of Get-Togethers

Hello Beauties!

Thank you for stopping by the Couch! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. :)

Every year around this time, something weird happens to me.

Every. Friggen. Year.

I wake up one morning, put on the kettle (because I cannot function without my morning coffee) and then, out of nowhere, the thought strikes me. Time to clean. And, no, I don't mean just do a sweep, wash the floors and wipe down the counters. I do that a lot more often. I mean SPRING-clean.

Like clockwork, I woke up last Monday, had my coffee and the wheels in my head were suddenly turning. The time to clean had come.

Needless to say, last week was spent a'cleaning. As a result, we chucked out so much junk that the garbage cans were completely full by Thursday, but I wasn't yet done. This is the main reason why I don't have many photos of Friday and Saturday too.

You see, Friday, I was still blissfully cleaning, while Saturday I would have some friends over. But wait, I'm running ahead of myself. Let's start with Friday. :)

This is Kayla's Friday OOTD, while she was watching Word World and I was taking photos of her. These are the only two that were actually in focus.



After all of the cleaning, we went to have dinner with my parents. A nice braai (bbq) and salad made up our dinner and we had stick ice cream for desert.










We have a lot of birthdays coming up, so we got some gifts ready when we got home on Friday, watched some Black List and just chilled out. 



Saturday morning, the cleaning was resumed. I applied some dye to my hair and let it set while I worked. Then it was time to get the food ready for our guests. I'll share one of the salad recipes with you somewhere in the next while. It's really good and easy to make!


I had a moment in the garden and took these.



Rita-Mari and André came over and we had a blast! I didn't take too many photos, because we wanted to enjoy the visit, but I do have these to share.



I told you I was sharing this one, André... :P


Church on Sunday morning (for the first time in ages, because my in-laws could watch Kayla. That one is IMPOSSIBLE to keep still during a sermon. O_O) and then a lunch of leftovers at home. My cousin Larissa will have her birthday tomorrow, but invited some people over to celebrate on Sunday, We took a lot of pics there. They have the SWEETEST little puppy named Pluto, who features in a lot of photos. Have a look.







 




  


































After the party, we relaxed a little. And that was my weekend!

Obviously, that's not all we did. We spent some time in shops and malls, bought some stuff (like the sweetest Minnie Mouse top/dress for Kayla) and did everyday things, like shower, read, sleep and surf the web. I saw Liani for a moment on Friday too. I'm stating this plainly because people seem to think I do nothing else than the stuff clearly photographed. Seriously? I do not have my camera glued to my hand, folks, contrary to popular belief. :P

Anyway, have a good one! Check back in tomorrow for a new post.

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment