Monday, 13 October 2014

My Weekend in Pictures : Random at Best

Hello Beauties!

My weekend, though spent at home for the first time in a while, was a hectic one. I hope yours was fun too!

Before I get to posting, I need to ask that you excuse the crappy quality of the photos today. All of them were taken with my phone, which isn't the world's best in terms of megapixels. We took the weekend off from the camera, because it's been glued to our hands in the recent past. I promise, I'll use it again for next weekend's post. :)

Anyway.

Friday was the last day of school holidays in South Africa, which means it was the last day of my mom's vacation before resuming teaching for the last stretch of the year. Kay and I went to visit her granny and then all three of us went on to visit my cousins and aunt.







My cousin, Anshcke is such a fashionista! I love the boho look on her. 



This is the vibrant red Skullour dye my cousin, Tanja, has in her hair at the moment. I love the fiery colour!! Tanja made the world's best date bread. Which, incidentally, will feature on Kayla's birthday party if my cousin remembers to quote me a price on it... O_O I'm talking to you, cousin of mine. :D


I asked the cousins to pick me up some blue hair extensions at the recent hair and beauty expo in Jozi, which I couldn't attend. I got these from them while visiting and I decided to apply them to my hair on Friday afternoon.


This is how long they were before I trimmed them down. Too good of a photo op to pass up. :P





On Saturday morning, I drew out a massive battle plan for my final battle in my novel. You can see groups converging on a point here. That's all I'm willing to share at the moment. You're welcome. :) Book three is coming along nicely now. If all goes well, I should be done before you know it. Then the edit will begin.



In the second pic you can see some of the shopping I brought home. They seemed so lonely on the shelf... :) Ayup, you guessed it, we went shopping on Saturday. With Kayla's birthday party coming up, we decided to sort out some of the candy for the party. So we went sweet hunting. We bought some clothes, as pictured above. We also made a stop at Hollywood Costumes, where I picked up some face paint, a bald cap and liquid latex.

'What would she need a bald cap for?', is probably what you're thinking. What indeed, my friends, what indeed...

























We had dinner with the inlaws and binge watched some Blacklist. And then I spent the rest of the evening just playing some PC games and winding down.

On Sunday morning, I practiced my painting. :) More somewhere this week.


We had Sunday lunch with my parents. My dad has been away on business, and came home on Saturday. So this was his first time with his granddaughter in two weeks. He was as excited as a kid in a toystore about seeing her and it paid off. Kayla wanted to be near him all day long and was constantly looking for and at him when someone else held her. They had a lot of fun together.


































Don't you just love that little face!!!!

After lunch, we went on to visit Jan's gran and aunt for tea.

























Then we stopped at Clearwater Mall on the way home, trying to squeeze in some last minute shopping. When we got home, I tried to do a special effects tutorial for the blog, but I was really disappointed in how it turned out, so I won't be sharing it. I'll do another one, though and upload that. :)

And that was my weekend!

Have a fabulous week, folks!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals, 

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment