Thursday, 13 November 2014

10 Books to Read Over the Holidays

Hello Beauties!

Everybody knows that I'm a massive reader. I love reading maybe even more than I love writing...

...... O_O ......

OK, maybe not MORE than I love writing. Maybe EQUALLY.

The point of that whole thing was that I love reading. And I want people to love reading too. My aunt sent me this pin a day or two ago and I just love it.



So today I've rounded up a list of 10 software to upload books (and series) of my old favourites as well as books I want to read soon. So you can just click the links and get your hands on the books. :) I'm listing these in no particular order.

 I gave this one to my hubby for Christmas last year and he really enjoyed it. Im not usually a fan of biographies, as in, I don't read them, but I really respect Chris Hadfield. So I'd like to read his thoughts.

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth.

Obviously, this would make the list. :P The Lord of the Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkien, as well as all of his works, are literary masterpieces and I LOVE IT. This is my personal favourite series ever. EVER. Do you get it? E. VER. :)

Buy it and read it. You won't be sorry.

 I've blogged about this novel. So if you want to know exactly what I thought about it, please click that link. But this has become one of my favourite books too. And that in a really short time.

And it helps that John Green is such an awesome nerdfighter. DFTBA!

The Fault in our Stars.
 This is a real classic, but strangely, one I've never read. Of course I know the story of Oliver Twist, who doesn't? ut I'll try to read it for myself this holiday season.

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.
 Michelle Phan is one of my favourite beauty gurus. Love her or hate her, she'd got some really cool tips and tricks. I've learned a lot from her.

Her new book, Make Up, your life guide to beauty, style and success, online and off (what a mouthful...) can only prove to teach us some new things. I really want to read this one.
 Read the real Sherlock Holmes. You'll be enlightened. You'll find that Benedict Cumberbatch does him justice and that Sherlock is a much more complex character than a guy with a hat and a pipe.

I love these books!

Sherlock Holmes Volume 1.
 I love this one. I got this book as a gift from Liani one year and I've really used it a lot.

Lauren Conrad's Beauty is filled with trade tips and tricks, as well as advice on a whole variety of subjects. (I blogged about it here)

A must have in your book collection. Especially if you're just starting out with makeup.
 The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling is a must read for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed these books when I finally read them early this year. And even as an adult, I really value a lot of the things they taught me,

Buy the series here.
Here's one I haven't personally read, but it was written by a new friend. :) If you enjoy horror, but you have found that these stories are catered mainly for men, you'll be happy to read this novel.

Blood Lines - The Curse is a novel by Cathy Pace Matthews and you can get it here on Smashwords.


















Lastly, I have to shamelessly advertise my own work, don't I? :D Please have a look at my Evangellion Trilogy. If you read it now, you'll be spared the wait for the unnamed one (AKA book three). For the sake of how happy I look in this picture, buy my books! Pretty please? (insert massive, teary cat eyes here)



Happy reading!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment