Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Wednesday Review - Palmers Tummy Butter

Hello Beauties!

It's been a while since I did a review. I've been using a bunch of new products to tell you about, but also the same old ones. Recently I've fallen into a rut when it comes to new brands. I'll try to get my hands on more new stuff and blog about it. :)

Just a little note here. I'm not being paid to do this review, I bought the product with my own money and it wasn't sent to me for review.

Anyway. This one is more of an old favourite than a new love. I LOVE Palmer's products. Not only are they cruelty free, but they smell divine and really work.
These are products for expecting moms and babies, so it's safe for both of those. I've used their stretch mark balm (I think it's called) and we currently have their bum butter for Kayla.
The deets :
The packaging consists of a tin screw-top lid and a plastic tub, containing 125 g of product. It's made of a bunch of goodies good for the skin; cocoa butter, vitamin E, collagen, elastin and lavender. So it's got a cocoa smell with a hint of lavender, aka, it smells really good! I bought it on a special price for R44.95, but I think the normal price is around R55.00.

This stuff will last you forever. You seriously need only a little and it goes very far. It states on the packaging that it's for expecting or postpartum moms and people who have lost a lot of weight, who want to combat stretch marks. Now, I have pretty bad stretch marks after my pregnancy and I've been using an array of products to reduce their appearance.

This is one of the only products I've tried that has visible results. 

Not only are my marks fading, but it's been firming my flabby tummy skin from the pregnancy. As I've been losing some more weight, my tummy skin has been loosening up even more, and this product really helps with that. 

I'm honestly very impressed with it. And there's no rocket science behind it either. You just rub it into the skin like you would any other cream. 

It's a butter, but it's not greasy. I've said it before that I don't like greasy products, an this one doesn't disappoint. It disappears into the skin, leaving only a moisturised feeling and a great smell. It's deeply moisturising, which I love. It's so good that I also use it on my elbows and knees, which are always dry these days, because of playing with and crawling after Kayla. 





Speaking of Kayla, if you have a baby, you can really have a look at the Palmer's baby bum cream. It's awesome! The only drawback is the light brown colour, which looks like poo. :P But it smells great, is super gentle on the baby's skin and really prevents rashes well. Since Kayla's skin is slightly more sensitive, this is one I can recommend for moms who have sensitive skinned kids. And it's not expensive either!

All in all, an awesome product, that I would recommend and have recommended over and over. 

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals, 

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment