Thursday, 18 December 2014

Easy Christmas Nails

Hello folks!

I'm back with the Christmas theme today. And glitter. Once again, I've brought the glitter.


This is a SUPER easy nail art tutorial which anybody can do, but you'll still manage to impress your friends with. Let's get to it.


 You'll need two shades of nail polish, nail glue and rhinestones. What I forgot to photograph here is the last thing you need, nail art tape. This is a very inexpensive item and you can use any colour, it doesn't matter.

Here's a free tip. Whenever you use rhinestones, have a cotton bud handy. It's the best applicator you'll ever get for these shiny little buggers. :)

 Apply your nail varnish. I've been wearing this shimmery white shadow from Essence basically every week since I bought it. I ADORE THIS COLOUR!!

I usually apply three coats to make it as opaque as possible, but I only applied two coats for this tutorial. I wanted it to still be kind of sheer, as I was planning a French tip. But it's entirely up to you to decide if you want to go for the same finish!!
 Using the nail art tape, stick it onto your nails in any pattern you like. I went for this diamond pattern.

Make sure they're stuck down firmly, because you don't want the tape to move during the next step.

Then you simply paint the other colour nail polish over the nail. I also added it to my other nails as a glitter French.

LEAVE THIS TO THOROUGHLY DRY BEFORE YOU PULL OFF THE TAPE.



 When the polish is dry, gently pull off the tape, one strip at a time. (I had a couple of photos of the nail without the tape, but they didn't come out right. Sorry about that)

I decided to add red rhinestones to the crossing points on the design. You simply apply a little glue, get the cotton bud (a wet tip works best), pick up the stone and place it on the glue.

Let it dry for a moment or two and you're done!





The smart thing to do would have been to end off with a top coat, but with a baby in the house, I don't always have time for these things. :P

Have an amazing weekend! Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment