Friday, 5 December 2014

Feedback

Hello beauties!

What a week! I really hope you missed me. :) And of course that your week went well.


As you probably know by now, I revealed my battle plan for 2015 on Monday. I felt it was needed to make a change and I discussed my thoughts on it with you. And then I waited. It paid off, because I heard back from a whole lot of you folks.

Photo courtesy of LF Photography
What you said actually surprised me.

I was convinced that everybody disliked my recent, less involved blogs, but apparently, I was mistaken. A few of people felt that they simply wanted a post every day, regardless of the quality. I was shocked at how many people said that they would miss my daily posts and felt like they needed a 'fix' every day. But in spite of your feelings that you'd miss the daily posts, the overwhelming majority of feedback I got agreed on wanting better quality blogs, even if it means less of them.

I asked you if I should follow a schedule for posting. Here the water got murky. Some people wholeheartedly supported the idea of designated posts for certain days, for example Makeup Mondays. Others felt that it would be more interesting to do it unscheduled. Since I've done the scheduled thing before (in the first months of the year when I posted Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays), I'm going to try posting more unpredictably, if that makes sense. I still hold to my promise that I'll post every week, and I'll aim for two to three posts per week.

As far as content goes, you all agreed that tutorials (on everything from makeup to art to anything I can think of) and other instructable kinds of posts are the way to go. Some people want the favourites, but it seems that in spite of how popular they were in the past, you're not that bothered with them anymore. Also, I got a lot of requests for more blogs focussed on my personal life. As far as that goes, I'll post some personal things now and then, as I always have. Whenever big or exciting things happen in my life, I will share them with you, but my normal day-to-day life won't necessarily feature. I've got to keep some things personal, after all.

I've already got two tutorials basically done, and I've planned some more, so I'll share them with you soon. Send me more topics or ideas for posts if you have them!! Come next week, I've got some cool things in store. :)

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Thank you to every person who took a moment out of their busy schedule to send me some feedback. You're an awesome group of people and I'm honoured that you read my blog and care about it. It really means the world to me.

On a related note, since I was making announcements over here, I thought it would be good to announce something on my other blog too. Which is why I announced the official title for my new book over there on Monday. Have a look here.

And that's that! Have a fantastic weekend, folks! See you next week!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment