Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Pretty Glitter Eyes

Hi there!

You know what this time of the year means... It's time for glitter. If you thought it's the season for giving and all that, you were wrong. It's time for glitter. Full stop. :P (Just joking!!)


I'm not the biggest fan of glitter during the most of the year. It multiplies. Don't ask me how, but it does. You'll have applied it to your eyelids and mysteriously find it in your shoes by the end of the night, I promise you. But even I have to admit that there's something magical about it in special occasion makeup. It just looks awesome in candle light and can add a little extra dazzle to any look. And since Christmas is all about the gold (this would be a great look for New Years too, just add some statement lashes!), this glittery golden eye is perfect for the occasion.

Let's get to the steps.

 As always, I've already applied my foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyebrows in a medium ashy brown, cream eyeshadow over the entire lid and a rosy pink blush.

I also have on lip balm. :)

The first product I used doubled as a primer too. It's a cream mineral eyeshadow from Gosh, which is this really pretty golden brown. I've been using this product for a while now and I love it!! It's really long wearing, though I don't know if I would call it 'waterproof'... Sweat proof, definately. But it washes off in water just like normal shadows.

 Anyway, I applied this to my eyelid, from socket to lash line.

It's very creamy and applies so easily. I love this!!

 I chose the M15 eyeshadow from Kryolan to blend out the edges of this makeup look.

I also added some to the crease.

 Next I used this golden shadow from Kryolan. I promise you, it applies with the most amazing golden sheen that you've ever seen and doesn't look white, like in the picture. :)

I applied this from the inner corner to the center of the eyelid.

 I used this beautiful golden glitter pigment from Essence next, applying it over the Golden Glow shadow from the previous step.

Glitter, as you know, is messy. So to clean up any fallout, I took a piece of sticky tape, pressed it against the back of my hand a few times and then used it to pick up stray glitters.



 I went in with this black eyeliner pen from Catrice and lined my eyes.

It's not the blackest black I've ever used, but I do like the fine point.

I set the liner with an angled brush and Noir from Sleek.

 Apply mascara!

I've been using this one from Essence and I've got a review ready for you! Watch this space.

 Using the same two shadows from earlier (the Golden Glow and M15), I applied them under my eyes as well.

A little lipgloss, and the look is complete!


Easy!

I've got a great and super easy nail art look scheduled for this week too, which will look awesome with your Christmas outfit! So keep your eyes peeled for that!

Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment