So let's get to it. DIY nail stamps from pencil erasers.
* Pencils with erasers on the ends.
* A pen, or whatever you prefer to mark with.
* Something to cut with. I preferred the small scalpel thingy. Both cutting instruments come from my father in law's garage. :P But I bet you'd be able to cut with the kitchen knife if you wanted. Please get an adult to help you if you're under 13.
* Nail polish.
What to do :
* Get the pencil in a steady grip, eraser side facing you.
* Mark whatever pattern you want onto the eraser.
* Carefully cut the eraser away to reveal your stamp.
* Paint with nail polish.
|On my nails : 33 In The Armee Glow and 07 Stars And Stories, both by Catrice|
The red nail polish I used at first (I chose red only because I thought it would show up well on photos) was a newer and more runny formulation, which meant it smudged more easily and was much more transparent when stamped. The runnier nail polish didn't work on the nail at all.
The glitter polish (as photographed above) worked better, because it's much thicker. I also found that older, drier polishes worked well too. A good idea is to let the polish sit on the stamp for a moment or two before stamping it. If it's slightly tackier, it should take to the nail better.
Let me know how yours turn out!
Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,