So because of the fact that I've been writing in every spare moment I have, I forgot to blog. *blush*
Since my I'm Yolandie post was so popular and people asked for more, I figured I'd share ten things about myself that you don't know. Here goes!
1. I love singing. If life was a musical, I'd probably be one of those weirdos who broke out in song at the most random of moments. I sing constantly during the course of the day, sometimes real songs and sometimes stuff I made up. Kayla loves this about me, because it entertains her thoroughly and she's starting to do it too. :)
2. I dream so vividly that I could paint a picture with every detail. I could describe every sight and smell and even emotions. And when I've dreamt something, I don't forget it. Ever. Some of the best scenes in my novels are things I actually dreamt.
3. I read The Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time when I was in high school. After that, I read the books at least once every year, except for the last three years. EPIC FAIL.
4. I was published for the first time when I was in my last year of high school. I'd written two poems (Afrikaans and English) and entered them into a national competition for child and teen authors. Both of my poems were selected to be published, and one of the two won fourth place.
5. I can't stand scary movies / series. I'm a complete wuss when it comes to stuff like that. Fear isn't a positive emotion!
6. Because I'm so obsessed with all things Lord of the Rings, people tend to think that the LOTR movies are my favourite movies. They're wrong. My favourite movie of all times is, and will always be Braveheart.
7. I have absolutely no ball sense and I'm not particularly good at any sport at all. In fact, I'm not even remotely fit. Maybe I should do something about that...
8. I could live off of mangoes. Even if you put the world's most delicious chocolate in front of me and you had a ripe mango in the other hand, I'd pick the mango. It's edible gold, I tell you!
9. At one time in my life, I started to learn Japanese. It's still a language that I want to be able to speak and understand enough to get by when I go to Japan one day. I can at least tell you what my name is in Japanese :P
10. I love travelling, but I detest flying. #firstworldproblem. But I honestly do. I get extremely light headed and nauseous, especially when the plane starts to descend. Weird, but true.
Now it's your turn. Tell me 10 things I didn't know about you! Have a fantastic Valentines, whether you're in a relationship or not, and also have a wonderful weekend!
Stay beautiful and be kind to animals,