Monday, 23 March 2015

Current Sound Obsession

Have you heard of this guy, George Ezra? You probably have.

I've been under a rock lately. Under. A. Rock. (Phenomenon that happens when a writer has inspiration and does nothing but write (and obviously spends time with the baby, but when the baby sleeps, does nothing but write). This has been horrible punctuation, I know.)

This is how it happened for me.

I saw this recommended video in my YouTube feed. It was of the new Sherlock movie in which Sir Ian McKellen will portray Holmes. I love Sir Ian, as should every other person alive. So I watch the trailer, get excited for the movie and think nothing more of it. And then it happened.

The next time I went on the YouTube, this video was recommended.




I mean, honestly. HONESTLY. That's just perfection. 

So I decided this George Ezra guy is OK, and I went on to listen to a lot of his other music. My mind was blown. Where have you ever heard a voice like that? It's soulful and incredible, so very outside the mould of the Belieber-thing we're being force fed as music. I love the folky sound to Ezra's music and I'm certain you will too. Here are some of my favourites. 











This last one is my favourite at the moment. LOVE IT!

I hope you have a fabulous week!

Yolandie

2 comments: