Monday, 20 April 2015

Glowy / Flowy - A Shoot with Liani

I told you about this shoot the other day. Liani and I were both pretty excited about this one, because we like getting up to creative stuff together. Although I much prefer being behind the camera to being the subject of focus. I'm not a big fan of having my photo taken, even if I ws the one to ask for the photos this time...

It happened like this. I told her one day that I need new profile pictures for my web spaces and I asked her to take a picture or two for that. Liani felt that 'a picture or two' was a waste of time and effort, and we needed to do a whole shoot. She saw this very flowy, glowing and natural kind of shoot and I agreed. I mean, she's my bestie after all. :P

We went to undisclosed locations to shoot. Not because I don't want to tell you where the locations are, just because I seriously can't remember how to get there. Haha! I'm clueless with direction. But I do know it was somewhere in the Cradle of Humankind.

Now, if you've been around this blog for a while, you know that I'm partial to wearing dark colours all of the time. I LOVE black and gray and most of my wardrobe falls into that colour scheme. I do own some reds and purples too, but mostly, the colours I own are dark and subdued. Don't ask me why. So you can imagine that when Liani said I had to wear a light, soft coloured dress, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. I mean honestly?!

I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find a dress to wear. In a last attempt to find something for this shoot, I went shopping the MORNING of the shoot and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress. And the rest is history.

Anschke did my awesome makeup, Liani took some amazing shots and I seriously can't choose some favourites. There are just too many photos in which I don't even recognise myself. I felt beautiful and sexy, which isn't something I feel on a daily basis, running after a one year old. :P

Thank you Liani, these are INCREDIBLE. Love you lots.

And now, here are the pics. Or some of them at least.


 




 
 
 


 
 

 








I told you it doesn't even look like me...

Now, if you're waiting in suspense for the final volume of the Evangellion Trilogy, I have a sneak peek of the cover for you on my other blog. Go have a look. :)

Have an awesome week folks!

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment