Thursday, 2 April 2015

Makeup Tutorial with Liani

I had this idea a while back that I wanted to do makeup tutorials inspired by my books. I mean, honestly, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. And Liani does pretty cool makeup tutorials, PLUS she inspired my main character, Eva, so who better to help me?

I thought we could do a tutorial from each of the three books and Liani was on board immediately.

In the first book, I describe Eva without much makeup. She's always wearing a white or black blouse with brown or black pants and boots. Her style is very utilitarian and her beauty is very natural. I think this captures a big chunk of her personality. Eva's a very hands-on kind of person. She doesn't have the time or patience to wait for other people to get things done, she rather jumps in and does them herself. She's impulsive and a go-getter.

When I drew the cover, however, I went smokier with the makeup. When I thought about it, I realised she went through a pretty bad time in the first part of the novel, and I guess I wanted to showcase that in the cover. If you don't know what happens to give her a bad time, you can go read the prologue here. That pretty much sums it up. :P

My initial idea for the first makeup tut was a no-makeup makeup look, as Eva so often wore in the book. But Liani had the bright idea to recreate the cover. See, she's smart AND gorgeous. :) I thought her makeup look came out really awesomely, and you can see the step-by-step on her blog here. But here's a little snap-shot to whet your appetite (see what I did there?).


If you want to get your grubbies on The Rise of the Exile Queen, you can do that here. The final book in the trilogy, The Queen's Fury, will be on sale from 1 June 2015. I'm STOKED about that, I tell you. I seriously can't believe it's come this far already. Then you'll finally learn the secrets of the Evangell... Wait, I can't tell you that! Haha!

Thank you Liani, I really loved working with you. Your tutorial came out awesomely and I'm super grateful for your help and enthusiasm. You're really amazing!! :D

Tune in again for more! And once again be sure to check out the tutorial on this look HERE.

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment