Friday, 26 June 2015

Drawing Challenge - Week 2

There is a lot going on in my life at the moment. I can't share it all with you yet, but you'll clearly see the hecticness in the quality of my drawings of the week! Haha! I ended up doing more doodles and rough sketches, often after having to force myself to pick up something to draw with. It was a difficult week inspiration wise too. With all else going on, my mind felt like it was on the verge of exploding. Honestly, it still does.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of it. You can be the judge for yourself. Here are the results.


This was Friday's drawing. I started it on Thursday and finished it on Friday (you can see the first part of it in last week's challenge post). This was a lot of fun to do, even if it took a lot longer than the allotted half an hour. I didn't want to add colour initially, but in the end, I think the bright colours rounded this one off nicely.


I doodled with eyes on Saturday. I have to be honest and admit that I focussed more on the eyeliner than anything else. :P This is pencil on paper and I stuck to the half hour timeline from this drawing onwards.


On Sunday, I forgot to draw until about half past nine in the evening. This was the result of that! She's my very first chibi drawing ever and I'm proud of her, in spite of the rough edges. :)


This was Monday. Notice the lack of interest here? I had to force myself to draw and I think you can see it. I was really just doodling while watching videos on YouTube and I went to bed right after drawing this.


It continued in much of the same manner on Tuesday. I didn't know what to draw so I googled the word 'random'. One of the images that came up was a tree and I just started drawing after that. I didn't have a reference photo, I used my imagination. :) It's very rough because I figured I could practice my cross-hatching skills. Haha! This one is in charcoal  .


This one is from Wednesday (which was one of the busiest days I've had in a long time) and I don't have much to say about it. It took me around ten minutes to draw and is titled 'Lazy'. Nuf said.


This drawing is from Thursday. I had a ladybug clasp on my desk that belongs to Kayla and I'd been looking at Celtic knots. From those two things combined, this was born, even though it looks more like a scarab than a ladybug. Oops. As you can see, it isn't very symmetrical, but I don't really care. I drew it pretty late last night, when it was long passed my bedtime. Fineliners in brown and orange.

Guys, it was a wild week and I have a lot of weeks like it coming my way. If you don't see me here that often, please understand. Until then, thanks for your patientce.

Hey! My book is out! Get your hands on the full Evangellion Trilogy NOW!! More deets here. It should be a light read for your weekend. If you've read any of the books, please be a dear and leave a review somewhere! I seriously appreciate it.

Have a good weekend!

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment