Friday, 19 June 2015

Drawing Challenge - Week One

If you missed the post about this new thing, read more here. You might want to do that, since, you know, this is week one of the new thing. :P

Since it's part of the first week, I'm including the first two drawings again. This is simply for the sake of keeping the different weeks grouped together. More about them in the link above.

Day one
Day Two

Day three

On the third day (this was Monday) I felt more colourful and whimsical. I didn't know what I wanted to draw, so I started to doodle. It may not be the best drawing in the world, but I had fun doing it, and that's the purpose of this whole challenge. It's just an assortment of fineliners, shapes and lines. 

Day four

This is just a very rough and very quick sketch of a chameleon. Tuesday was a public holiday in South Africa, which means Jan was home too. We went shopping and spent the day together, leaving me with less time to draw. This one is charcoal, black and white pastels, pencils, black and white pens and graphite. I really need to work on my charcoal skills. I'm kind of struggling with it at the moment, but heck, that's what this is about. Getting better and having fun!

Day five

It may look simple, but I spent a longer time on this one than the allotted half an hour. I was looking at henna tattoos, which is also the inspiration for the next doodle, and randomly decided to draw a bird. The one you see here is the second attempt. The first had way too many details and I didn't like it, so I started again. It's fineliner and pencil. If I ever get a tattoo, this might just be what it looks like!! This and a dandelion. I'm still obsessed with those.


Day six

As I said above, henna tattoos inspired my creativity. I loved the way the designs flow into one another, so I wanted to draw something like that. At first, I didn't know what to do, but then I thought of writing an inspiring word or something. What's more inspiring than my kid's name? Haha!

I spent about two or so hours on it and then had to force myself to stop when my hands started to cramp in the cold. :D I'll finish it today and share the complete thing with you next Friday. More fineliner and pencils. I have no idea what I'll do with this one when I'm done, but it's been therapeutic and, believe me, after the week I've had, it was nice to unwind.

If you've read The Queen's Fury, do me a great favour and review it online! Tell your friends! It's a nice read for the weekend!!

Have a good one and stay warm if you share my half of the world! It's freezing!

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment