Friday, 23 October 2015

Drawing Challenge Week 6

Yeah. It's been a while. :P

I've mentioned in the past that I'm very obsessive. I have these thought spirals that I get into and can't get out of. I obsess about stuff constantly and it makes it difficult for me to focus on anything else. These days, the obsessive mulling in my mind have been getting progressively worse. I mean, it's been the move to Germany, finding a permanent place to live, rebuilding our lives, getting ready for Kay's 2nd birthday and Christmas, publishing my new book and NaNoWriMo, only to name some of it.

This is why I resumed the drawing challenge. I find that doodling helps me focus. I literally leave the drawing journal open on the kitchen table and draw for a few minutes while waiting for the kettle to boil, go on with my day, and draw again when I'm passing through the kitchen.

Drawing is an incredible way to focus for me. Not only can I concentrate much better during the rest of the day, but my drawing challenge progresses at the same time. Two birds. Also, this doodle-thing helps me even more. It's just random patterns, but somehow, my focus doubles while I'm drawing them (plus, it's a lot of fun!). So you'll be seeing a lot of these,

I made two fine-liner doodle sketches this week. The first one on Monday / Tuesday and the second on Wednesday / Thursday. There will be more next week. Hopefully. :P



Hope this gets you drawing again too.

Have a good weekend!

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment