Monday, 5 October 2015

Our visit to the Ruhr River

Hi folks.

I don't have a very detailed weekend in pictures post for you today. It was a long week last week, filled to the brim with stress, causing me to want to do very little over the weekend.

You see, we had to move on Wednesday. We'd been looking at places since our arrival in Germany, but we hadn't been able to find a place at all. So it literally boiled down to having to move on Wednesday (and be out by 11 am), but still not having a place to move to on Tuesday. I mentioned it to you, though you might not have noticed, when I said we were going through some stuff in this post. This was one of the most anxious moments I've had in a long time and it really took its toll. But luckily the story has a happy ending. Jan let me know at quarter past five on Tuesday afternoon that he'd found a place and we could move in the next day. So yeah.

We were lucky enough to find an amazing place to rent for two months, from an amazing couple, in an amazing area. It's much bigger than the apartment we rented initially and it's actually got WORKING INTERNET. WOOHOO!!! Mülheim an der Ruhr, our new place of residence, is a truly beautiful area.

Having said that, we're still looking for a permanent place and will probably move again at the beginning of December. I don't know what's up with the current housing situation here, but even the locals we know don't understand why it's so difficult to find long term rentals. It's really been adding to our stress levels, but hopefully, things will work out again. Though I'll be extremely thankful if it works out with more than 24 hours left in the countdown this time.

Since then, I've just been focussed on unwinding somewhat. Meaning that we did very little over the weekend that warranted photo taking. We did make a trip to the Ruhr river on Saturday though, which made for some nice imagery. Jan took these on his phone and I hope you enjoy them.














I hope you have a good week and that you face calm waters.

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment