Monday, 9 November 2015

Kayla's Second Birthday

Hi there!

So, my kid had her second birthday. How in the world did that even happen? I seriously have no idea where my squishy baby went and how she transformed into this running-hopping-skipping-little-girl. I'm starting to think I hopped a TARDIS somewhere and missed the transformation. :P

We spent her birthday at home. Just the three of us, eating cake, playing together and having fun. We skyped and spoke on the phone with some loved ones, and just enjoyed being together. All in all, it was a good day.

We got Kayla some indoor toys, since it's going to be Winter in Germany soon. Ironic that she got a sandpit, swing and inflatable pool last year. :D I tell you one thing, we're going to miss the sheer amount of sunshine in South Africa.

Anyway. The photos are mostly a blur, because Kay was a blur. She ran and played and crawled to her heart's content and we struggled getting her out of the new playground at any given point. We imagined putting her blanky inside the tent-thingy so she could sleep there, if need be. This morning, she's a blur again, which is why I'm able to sit still and blog for ten minutes. I think this present was as much for me as for her. :P


 
 

 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 


I tried to keep her hair tied and off her face, but with all the playing she was doing, that didn't work. I'm really glad the tunnel and tents were a hit, because I just love seeing Kay this happy.

Kayla, you're the most incredible and brilliant little person I've met in my life. You fill my heart to the point of overflowing. I love you more than I could explain in words and I love you even more every day. It's an honour to be your mom.

Have a good week, folks!

Yolandie

No comments:

Post a Comment